Sunday, November 26, 2006

10 Miles in the Evening


Now this was when I could abuse my body and I was bullet proof! Dang I still like those ruffled shirts.

I need to tell you all that I am getting freakin paranoid about my knee. I have not had lingering problems with my legs before this one. It slowed me on the ultimate tourney in Huntsville last weekend. It seemed to go away. I think I hurt it showing a group of folks how to do the minute and a half drill. I dove for a disc and jammed my knee. It hurt like crazy for a day or two and since it has come and gone. Dang this body for getting older.....I think I am going to have to be a little kinder to it during Ultimate play if I want to continue to run. Layouts and getting dirty are going to have to become something that is saved for only the most dire situations. Add to that that I need to practice the art of straight legs and not jamming the knees into the turf. Nuff Said.

My right knee hurts for about the first 1/2 mile like someone has an ice pick planted on the interior nine oclock position, it hurts with each addition of weight and stops when the weight is removed.

Anyhow, I will mention it when I see the Sports Orthopods on Dec 6, perhaps they can get some diagnostics done for the knee as well.

Today is Christmas decoration day and I have put together a scene that depicts "Sugar-plum fairies dancing in thier heads" King sized bed and all is out there. Light o plenty are getting put up right now....... I need more power~!

God Bless and ttyl.

Curtai out
10 miles 1:49:52, 11 minute mile pace, ugh that is slow.......
It IS called the long slow run afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home