Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Shift in Plan




Well some of you have known that I was planning on running the Boston Marathon. Obviously if you follow this blog and know anything about running, you'll know that I am not nearly fast enough. I decided to do the run as a fund raiser for Run for Research, but after a serious look at my finances, the fundraising and transportation and lodging would have been prohibitive. Thus I shall stick with the local events for now, or those that I can get to on the company's dime.

This did seem to relieve a lot of pressure I was feeling about fundraising. So I am going to Run the Pensacola Marathon next. It is February 19th. The schedule was going to be for Boston so I am dialing that forward and going to jump in where ever the numbers put me today.

More on Scheduling soon. Hopefully I will be able to put in a few more types of workouts now.
Strides, etc....

My arm is still bothering me significantly. I am not wanting to go back to the former Doctor for evaluation, as I think she did not do anything. In my opinion, she should have fixed the avulsion fracture. If she had fit everything back together then today I would not be experiencing the pain I have…… perhaps I am wrong. Either way I am frustrated with the shoulder.

I could use a wambulance. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I am grateful that I can run at all.

Be well my friends.

Curtai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home