Thursday, March 23, 2006

I lost my mp3 player

Now that is a problem. I do not know where it went, but hopefully it comes back soon. I have noticed that I like to wear it when I run alone, however when racing, I do not listen to music. I prefer rather to listen to the pulse of the race, to chat with my cohorts in pain. If you see my player send it back to me!

I am hoping that I can run again soon. The doc needs to clear me on April 4. (PPPPPPPPPLLLLLEASE!)

Curtai

PS
I am glad that I am an athlete and that drive to always be phyically active is in my being. Not that long ago, I was 215 lbs on a 5-7 in body. That was obese in every sense of the word. I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day. I struggled for breath on a single set of stairs. That was as far removed from fitness as I can ever remember being. I don't want to go back there. This being injured is a glimpse back to that place as the motivation that comes from physical fitness to be physically fit wanes a little, it would still be easy to sit down and eat an entire pizza.

I won't die if I don't work out tomorrow, the danger is that I won't want to work out the next day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Don't worry, the running bug is in your blood now and won't let you rest on your couch for too long.

I also find having a blog is a great motivator. If you don't run again, what is there to write in a running blog?

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home