Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ok Acceptance is the Key



I do not like it, but the fact is that I am in fact injured and it seems to be somewhat consuming. I think that greiving has 4 or 5 stages and it issems applicable to being injured as well. I remember when I did this, it was jump up and ignore it, it will go away. Denial, tried for the rest of the weekend to get it to go away, it wouldn't. Anger lasted a couple weeks, I got to admit I was pissed off that this happened to me. I mean ME of all people, I never get injured! Sorry to all those around me, if I was not as sweet as a peach. Bargaining was in there for a while, If I just keep still it will pop back in place..., finally, acceptance and where do I go from here?

I have been saying and studying this Stepahnie Silberberg and her credentials, but perhaps there are other choices? Why her, right now it is because she was the next available Orthopedic in the clinic I was in. Go to this person he says, OK says I, where we arrive today.

Service I've been given so far is yup its broke, here's a sling, don't move it much, come back in four weeks. Wife pops in and says he's a spathlete and may literally go insane if not able to exercise, she changes the follow-up to 3 weeks. That is will be this Monday. Hmmmm, then one of the engineers at works pops down and says, " you know if you have to have surgury you should get such and such doctor, he is really good and highly recommended.

So how do you go about this?, Stan, if you happen to read this, how about a comment?

I kind of don't know if there is a consumer reports for Doctors or Orthopedics in general....
Again, I go back to pick a mechanic, it is the same conundrum. I mean I could go to Birmingham for the treatment. Family, Friends etc exist up there, however work is here.
I will keep the appointment on Monday and depending on what is said there, I will consult with my personal health coach.

I am not done, no freaking way, on my two mile, gnelte on the shoulder, hold it in place, brisk walk, It occurred to me that I could do an Ultramarathon, how freaking spicy is that. I think right now, picking another marathon is the key and showing up and running it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Do you still think you will be able to do a marathon in June? To be honest, I doubt you will be able to get the sufficient amount of training once you can run again.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Curtai said...

Thomas,
It may not be June, but it will be. It all depends on how the shoulder gets fixed. Surgury or only rehab... Just not sure right now. The only thing perfectly clear is my resolve! Thanks for the comment.
Curt

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home