Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Doctor thinks I am High Strung

High Strung, Me? Mr. Mellow. Just where does she get off with that one? LOL, well perhaps I am a little high strung on this one issue. What the heck. The Doctor says she believes 3 more weeks in the sling and then I should be ready for physical therapy.

This gives me 7 weeks to be ready for Surf and Turf 3. LOL, fat chance. But maybe. I have not been religious about the sling, perhaps I should use it more. Pick the kid a little less with the bad arm.

The doctor confirmed what she said before, that the "Greater Tuberosity of the humerus fractured but did not dislocate, so the need for surgury is slight" She believes it will heal and that the bone, even if slightly changed in shape will not cause impingement. She believes the soft tissue was not ruptured, that it maintained its bonds. So the bone grows back together, and the tendon gets reattached in the process. I understand more fully NOT USING THE THING, than I did before.

I was joking with her and asked if I should drink more milk, she said, "no, you'll not absorb enough to make a significant difference. I am a bigger fan of green leafy vegatables". What is That about? Go figure. I know I asked about running and she was not jet hot on it, and kind of Ok'd the running slowly with everything in place, no arm swing on the right side. Maybe I can get a three month supply to a gym and do some bike training.

More tomorrow, I just wanted to put down what I heard today, Robia may have heard something altogether different, I will post her comments here if she would be so kind to provide them.

Anyhow, for now, Vaya con Dios.

Curtai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home