Wednesday, February 08, 2006

No Train Wreck Please


At this point all there is to do is rest. I can not train any more or improve before Birmingham. I do not think I have put in the needed training. I will not tell this to the race. I could be alright, I could wind up in a train wreck.

I need to prepare mentally by positive imagery. I CAN go the distance, the question is how fast. Perhaps that should not matter. I almost define average in the marathon for my age. I mean I am 1 minute from the national average for all men my age who ran marathons last year. For a first one at Disney, that is not bad! I have heard it said that we should be careful not to Peak for each race. I feel like I peaked for Disney, so perhaps this should simply be a long training run.

We'll see. I am just happy today that I can run. So many can't.

Vaya Con DIos

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

You asked in my blog, but I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable on speed work myself. The schedule I’m following asked for 5x600m repetitions with 90 seconds recovery in-between. Intervals should always be run at your 5k race pace, which in my case is about 6:50 mins/mile. I figured that it takes 2:30 mins to cover 600 meters, and that’s how I run my intervals without having access to a track. Next week’s interval workout is 3x1000, and I’ll be running the speed intervals for 4:15 minutes each.

If you have access to a track, it would be a lot easier.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home