Sunday, January 22, 2006

Take the Long Road There

Yup, this is the beach that I live near, tough life, but hey, we get to pay the insurance premiums (Don't ask, you'll choke) Thanks, Ivan, Katrina et. al.

Sunday's are cool. Especially when the stars are aligned just so. I do not have to work (usually) The tempo of the day is slower. I get to do a long run and play Ultimate in the afternoon. Today we added scrapbooking to the mix, whihc I think is going to be fun.

I ran the 18 today and I must admit it was slow and my legs were a little more sore than usual, I was glad I did it. I convinced myself again that I really do like running. Sunday mornings I have a meeting I attend regularly at 6:30 AM at the beach. When Robia attends the same meeting I get up and leave about 2 or 3 in the morning and run there. Now if I go straingt there I can make it in about an hour. But if I take the sceniic route, then I can make a 3 or 4 hour affair out of it! That is what I did today and it was nice. Once of those days in January where I am really happy about living in Florida as it was around 60F for the whole run, Nice. The route that I run takes me past some of the nicer places in town, on quiet Oak covered lanes with views of the various bays around the area. I think distance athletes with families get to see the sun come up more often than most, I have to admit there is something about a brand new day that is cleansing to the spirit.

We went to breakfast with some of our good friends to Waffle house. For those of you not from the South, Waffle House is the place where the Morning delivery guys meet with the party crowd from the night before..... A little too greasy, but hey why do I run if not for the occasional perk! Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwich with Hashbrowns, well done, scattered, smothered and covered.

Vays Con Dios
Curtai
YTD 66
WTD 17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home