Friday, February 03, 2006

Making a wish is the Beginning




WELL, Well, well,
Deep Subject. After yesterday's horrific events I was informed that I have to go get evidence of this dog's rabies vaccinations. GRRRR as if life is not busy enough. Sigh, I will, but I do not think that the bite actually penetrated the skin. It did leave a blister which did not pop and not blood flow out of me. (It still hurt).

Today is a better day so far. Work is kinda calm, but this will be a stormy month. Lots to do and a short time to do it.

I do not feel as good about Birmingham's Marathon as I did for Disney. I don't think I have prepared as well. Not that I have been resting on my laurels, but I have only done one Long (18) run since Disney. I will do a (15) this weekend but that'll be it. I printed out a 4:15 pace band. That is what I would like to shoot for, but that may not be realistic. What I SHOULD do is 4:20 pace and try to better it. That sounds smarter.

I will eclipse my 1990 mark of 3:56, but it will not be here in B'ham. I want to qualify for Boston. That is my next goal. How to do this is to make some changes to my running, that my be during 2006. We'll see. 3:20 is one hour faster than Disney........That sounds like an insurmountable difference. Almost 2 minutes per mile faster. One step at a time.

I wish I could qualify and run the Boston Marathon, the Superbowl of Marathons. April 2007, see you there?

Curtai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home