Thursday, February 02, 2006

I have been Wounded


OK so I must be a raving lunatic today. Lunch time run, I was assaulted by a little dog. Not just run up and yap yap yap, I am talking that I lost flesh! It still hurts, yep I have officially been rodent bit. Boy, I tell you what I had a field day with the guy who owned the little rat. I can say that I used quite a bit of profanity in a tone that was borderline insane.

OUCH!

Anyhow I get done and the path I have to take takes me by the house again and the guy was outside. (The dog was gone and I had cooled off a lot) I walked up to the guy, not sure if he was going to hit me with his yard shovel and told him that I had overreacted a little and that I am sure the little rat dog was just protecting or scared. I was wearing a bright yellow running shirt. I could see that he was very apologetic and that this was something of an embarrassment to him. He told me that he was a runner too and that he has had the same thing happen to him. I guess the old man can live for today, but that little dog needs to be horsefood. Anyhow later in my run, I was not actually bleeding, but I think the terror of my youth was brought to the surface and I lost my composure. Chico and Twinkie those were the demon dogs of my youth. I don't know if anyone else was terrorized by dogs but these little guys would keep me from going places I wanted to go. Sure they would be your friend if you had a dog treat, but just as soon as you go to pet them, (CHOMP). I still shudder when I see the Taco Bell Chihuahua (Chico) or a Black Toy Poodle (Twinkie). I have considered Mace in the past, but if today is any indication, I would have been bit and the situation would be well over by the time I dig the papper spray out of my pocket. The day presses on.

Vaya con Dios

Curtai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home