Thursday, January 19, 2006

Acting as If


Some days I just have to act like I am a runner. I do not really want to run, but I know that I need to run. It is not some subliminal message my body is sending (I DO listen) telling me I must take some time off or risk injury. Nope, I just didn't want to run. Even while out I felt sluggish and heavy in the legs. There wan not any lightness in my step. I stopped by the club at 52 Beal last night and had a half cup of coffee to see if that would pick me up, nope.

One of the things I have learned is that like everything else in this world my running has seasons and tides. The eb and flow provides contrast that highlights those days that my feet don't touch the ground and I could run for a hundred miles. So i'll accept this season right now and hope it passes before Birmingham. Maybe I will win that Mercedes, why not me?

Today's picture is not pretty, nor was my run, but tomorrow will be a new picture and a new day!

Vaya Con Dios

Curtai

Today 10 Miles 4 lunch and 6 night

YTD 45 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home