Friday, February 10, 2006

BirminghaMALAMadingdong
















Ok so there it is, the goal 26.2 miles through Birmingham. It appears that there are Two Serious Hills. The first is going over Green Springs, around Mile 6. I should be fresh and I know the hill. It may not be horrible. I plan to just take whatever speed my normal pace perceived effort will put me up the hill with. The other hill at 23 miles is the scary monster. Just pace a step at a time. There are two pace groups that I am considering 4:15 and 4:30. Funny thing is that 4:15 makes me nervous and 4:30 disappoints me. I am going to decide on race day, perhaps after the first few miles. I will print the pace bands for each and go from there. I can tell it is close, I am getting the prerace feelings in my mind and body..... I can do this thing, It will not be a train wreck, I will be ok, I am strong, I am a real athlete. I AM a real distance athlete. I respect my opponent, the course. I expect the course and the day to give me its best, and I in turn will give it MY best.

If you want to, I will be running from 7:03 on, Feel free to call me during the race, 850-428-0805. I may not be able to talk very well, but I will enjoy listening!

Take care and I will report when I return with a Mercedes Benz Hood Ornament.

Vaya Con Dios
Curtai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home