Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Next Marathon



February 12, 2006 Birmingham, Alabama

That's it, this is the date. After a lengthy 3 minute discussion with my wifey, we made the decision for me to run this marathon. The best part is that I get to move right past those post-marathonum blues to immediatly worrying about the hills in B'ham. Now I have to say that we lived in Birmingham for a number of years so there is a certain allure there. Boutwell auditorium, to UAB, to GreenSprings over to Homewood, looking at Vulcan's backside, to portions of the Blue Blooded Mountain brook, back from Montclair to Clairmont back down town. I am sure there is not much flat there. WHo knows, maybe I will win this year's Mercedes (The raffled car, not the race.) Finally, I will post a prediction that I will finish this one in 4:25 including the hills. Disney was 4:23 with stops, but was flat. Training in Florida makes me worry a bit about the hills. Oh well the registration is submitted, I need to make arrangements with the in'laws as we'll be heading up there for that weekend and the one after for Mudbowl. Now there is a different kind of endurance event. More on that later.

I went out for a 2 mile stretch last night and felt ok, not great, knees are still a little sore, but nothing severe or serious. I am going to do 12 tomorrow, that will let me know how I really am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home