Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ultimate on Tuesday

Today's photo is the Patron Saint Bastion Brooks of Running
(sorry I could not figure out a better play on words) I think this is a random Pharasee, cool statue in Florence, Italy.

I had a good day on Tuesday except that Robia, my loving wife, ordered pizza for dinner thinking that I would be gone by the time it was delivered. Now something about me that should be known is that I am horribly addicted to pizza, if there is a food on this earth that is not good for me but that I have no mental defense against, it is without a doubt that Hot Cheese and Peperoni layered over marinara sauce with golden oil baked bread known as pizza..... Sigh.... I love it!
Anyhow, before I could force myself out the door I had 3 slices, which once gone I feel horribly guilty.

So I get to ultimate and am playing rather conservatively so as to not get injured. If you listen to every player they will tell you that playing "scared" ar to avoid injury is the fastest way to get injured. Sheesh. Well about an hour into it I was cutting to the disc being guarded by Davy, a stellar defensive player, when I zigged, he zagged and I wound up getting stomped on the toe. I was instantly paralyzed with the fear that I had it broken and that Marathon Dream was over. I cussed like a sailor and sat down. It took abotu a minute for me to realized that I had over-reacted and that I wan not injured, just stomped! Whew. You would think that would have been it, I would stay off the field and protect myself from further risk. You have to understand that if there is one athletic endeavor I love more than distance running it is Ultimate Frisbee. I was on the filed for the last half hour without incident. I told the folks out there to call me on my cell during the race to support me. some said they will, we'll see.

I am going at lunch to run 4 miles as I think this is appropriate for the last week before the marathon, nice and easy. 4 days and I will be at the start. I am giddy.

Oh I have the kids preparing a tyvek suit for my warm up, I am thinking these would be really cool goodies in the bag for people on coldish race mornings, a bit nicer than trash bags.....still disposable, could be run in if so desired, removed quickly..... Could be plastered with logos and advertizing. Hmmmm Invention number 85.

Vaya Con Dios
Curtai

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Anonymous comment.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home