Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I feel determined again


I do not know why, but today and last night I found a little bit of determination. I believe that I will be OK. Not fast, but OK. I need simply to put in a 22 miler this weekend. Simple. I ran for about an hour before ultimate last night and felt good. I was good with my diet last night. That helps me feel good.

Funny, when I am disciplined and do the things I need to do, I feel better about myself and thus have more energy, which allows me to do what I need to do + some of what I want to do. When I am not feeling good, I relapse into bad habits, eating like Crap, not running, not motivated to get the things done that need doing.... Both of these states of being are self perpetuating.

Funny I have long held that attitude is the driving animal in my life, however there are times when the action is the predessessor to attitude. Hmmmm. Go figure. Way too deep today.

My intent is to do a buttload of laundry tonight and a 8 mile run.

I need to get the new pair of running shoes, perhaps not, I will run with the yellow ones in the Marathon. SO this weekend I will run them 22 to make sure they are oK. Then shelf them till the race.

Be well. Curtai Out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Hey, welcome back to blogland. I thought you had gone away for good.

Good Luck on the 22 miler. I had a 23 mile training run 2 weeks ago, and had been nervous about it for the 2 weeks beforehand. When the day finally came, the run went very well. I hope your experience will be similar.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home