Monday, May 22, 2006

Weekend Retreat..


I got to go for the weekend up to a friends house on a lake in Defuniak Springs. The lake was spring fed, cold but clear. I have to say the Dan, Ronnie, Bill, Stan and I had a very nice time. Relaxing and talking about our wives mostly. Oh and eating Man Food. I have not had this much protein in one weekend in months. Steak and sausage and eggs and potatoes etc… I will say it was good, every heart clogging bite. He is what was funny, I went for a run, a little 5 mile diddy and I was aweful, I was barely trotting and felt like I had NO ENERGY. I do not like that at all. It is just this, my body does not run well on a high protein and carbohydrate diet.

I got back to the cabin and was completely spent. It was warm but I can usually manage 5 miles even in 90-100F heat without too much difficulty. But I finished. Last night I set out for a 6 mile run and could only manage about 2.5 again, I was just spent. I ate properly this morning, I will run 4.3 at lunch and perhaps again tonight to put in some miles. We’ll see how I feel then.

Ran at lunch and felt better than Saturday by a long shot. I am still pokey feeling though.

Be well, run well have fun,
God Bless.
Curtai

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Looks very nice, but you're definitely not the first runner who can't function properly on a high protein diet.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Curtai said...

I agree, I need a balance!
Or even Carb heavy to run well!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home