Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!


OK, I am officially ready, totally, completely sort of ready. I will admit that I want to run more this week than my shedule says I should. I am going to play ultimate tonight and I will be taking sub points liberally so as to not get too worked out. No running at lunch this week except on Thursday I think. Walking at Disney on Fri and Saturday will serve as loosening up for me.

Marathon this Sunday, and I am nervous as a long tailed cat in a rocking chair factory. I KNOW this is normal, but it is nerves none the less. I believe that I can do this. One step at a time.

I was at my Sunday morning meeting and the topic was gratitude. I have to say how grateful I am to not be a smoker, to not be overweight and to be in good enough shape to run a Marathon, or at least attempt it. I ran the 1990 Los Angeles Marathon and that has always been a badge of honor for me. The thing is that it used to be a used to be, now it is again my reality.

The statue of the horse represents me a powerful warrior runner ( 5 hourish guy)
I have signed up for the 4.5 hour pace pack, and SHOULD be able to do that, but I am not going to be upset so long as I finish the Marathon, I promise.

One of my post marathon goals for the week after is to select and sign up for my next marathon. I am not sure how close I can or should do the next one. Birmingham Alabama is attractive for a couple reasons. Mainly free lodging with the in-laws....

Anyhow, i will have a list by the end of the day of the races that are candidates.

Vaya con Dios,

Curtai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home